Terms and Conditions
The objective of the "Faces of Wisdom" Film Competition (later Contest) is to give young filmmakers around the world the opportunity to win scholarships & film equipment funding, gain international exposure while contributing to the preservation of endangered traditional knowledge/wisdom through short film storytelling.
The contest will run worldwide. By entering, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Contest "Faces of Wisdom" (later Contest).
No purchase or fee is necessary to enter or claim any prize.
The Contest is open to individuals who are at least the age of majority in their country of residence. Minors 13 years or older and minors in certain other countries depending on local laws are also eligible to participate in the Contest but will be required to submit a signed parental consent form with their Entry. Email us at email@example.com.
The Contest is open to individual filmmakers and teams. Teams must pick a team leader, who will submit the team's video and be the sole recipient of any prizes for the team (in other words there is only one prize per winning video, not a prize for each member of the team).
By entering you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all decisions of the "Faces of Wisdom" Film Competition judges, which are final and binding. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
How to Enter
To enter the Contest,
Log into http://facesofwisdom.org
Fill in your profile information, and follow the instructions to submit your video ("Entry").
As part of the submission process, you will need to provide your name and the URL of your video and give your video a title. If you are a team of individuals submitting an Entry, the Entry should be submitted under the email account of the team leader. All the individuals on the team should be identified in some way in the description for proper attribution.
You must be the named and authorized account holder of the email account through which your Entry is submitted. The authorized account holder is the natural person whose information was submitted to the email provider when the account was created.
Entries submitted will not be returned or acknowledged.
Without limiting any other rights, The Management of the Film Competition "Faces of Wisdom" has the right to-in the Competition Management's sole discretion- reject or remove from the Contest any Entry that, in the Film Competition Management's sole discretion; violates these Terms & Conditions; any applicable policy of the "Faces of Wisdom" Film Competition Management; any applicable laws; or is in any way harmful or objectionable.
The Management of the Film Competition also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or Entry at the Film Competition Management's sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
Entries for the "Faces of Wisdom" Film Competition 2013 open on Friday the 31st of May 2013. The deadline for submitting entries is Sunday the 16th of March 2014 Midnight (end of day) 24:00 CET, or UTC +1.
All Entries must meet specific criteria to be accepted into the Contest. Without limitation, the following conditions apply:
- The Entry must be your original work and may not include any unauthorized intellectual property of a third party (such as a video clip, music, or visible brand name or logo you do not have a license to use).
- The Entry must be no longer than 7 minutes including introduction, opening & closing credits.
- Non-English language videos must have English subtitles or a written English translation included. We also recommend adding closed captioning to your Entries.
- Music, soundtrack and/or narration are allowed and must follow the contest guideline b) see above, concerning intellectual property rights.
- The Entry must be in a format that can be uploaded to www.facesofwisdom.org.
- The description of the Entry included in your submission must be clear and accurate.
- The Entry must not be obscene, libelous, or defamatory, violate the right of privacy or publicity of any third party, or violate any applicable laws, and must comply with The Management of the Film Competition's legal notices and policies.
- The Entry does not target anyone because of his or her membership in a certain social group, including race, gender, color, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, or political affiliation, and does not contain a symbolic representation of any group that targets anyone because of his or her membership in a certain social group.
- If anyone not on the submitting team appears in the video, you must obtain their explicit permission to videotape them, to enter the video in this Contest, and to give the Management of the Film Competition the right to freely use and distribute the video.
- The Entry and its use as described in these Rules will not violate any Federal, Provincial, State or local Laws or Ordinances.
- The Entry is consistent with these Terms and Conditions.
Your Entry shall remain your exclusive property.
By entering, you (meaning each member of a team if a team is submitting the Entry) warrant and represent that:(1) You are the sole and exclusive owner (and free of any adverse claim by any person, firm, or corporation) off all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Entry (exclusive of The Management of the Film Competition and its partners Intellectual Property Rights); (2) You have the right to grant to the Management of the Film Competition and its designees the license granted above(3). By entering you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including all eligibility requirements and all decisions of the Management of the Film Competition, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest "Faces of "Wisdom". (4) Voices of Wisdom™ and Faces of Wisdom™ Trademarks: The names Voices of Wisdom ™ and Faces of Wisdom ™, as well as their logos are all trademarks Wild4Wisdom Oy Ab. Any use of those trademarks, trade name or logo must have prior consent from Wild4Wisdom Oy Ab, Wild4Wisdom Oy Ab, Business ID 2360194-1.
Entrants will be required to provide their Name, Email address, and Region of residence at the time of submission. The Name, Region, and Film Category will be posted along with each film in the contest gallery on the www.facesofwisdom.org site (and later on the www.voicesofwisdom.com site). Winners will be asked to provide a mailing address so that we can send them their prizes and for general contact purposes related to the Contest.
Except as otherwise stated in these rules or as otherwise agreed by you and the Management of the Film Competition, emails and mailing addresses and other personal information you provide in connection to the Contest will not be made public or shared. The data you provide about yourself may be transferred from your country to Finland or other countries.
All Entries will be public on a contest website hosted by the "Faces of Wisdom" Film Competition where they can be viewed, liked, and shared by everyone.
Authorization to Use Winners' Entry Information & Name for Media Promotion
By entering, you agree that the Management of the Film Competition and its Partners may use your Entry and your Name, Photo/ image capture from your Entry that you have submitted, in any media now known or hereafter developed for promotional purposes of the Contest, unless prohibited by law.
Judging & Selection of Winners
After the Contest Period has ended, all Entries will be reviewed and judged by a Panel of qualified Judges who will select the winners. There will be a 1st (first), 2nd (second) and a 3rd (third) winner. An extra prize for mobile entries will be presented.
The Contest "Faces of Wisdom" will convene a panel of 5 Judges to select a shortlist of 40 nominated short-films to be considered for the prizes. A further selection will be made by the Jury to judge the shortlisted finalists and award the respective final prizes.
Entries will be judged on the following equally weighted criteria: quality of shooting, quality of editing, creativity, and how closely they align with the Contest Creative Brief. The decisions of the Judging Panel are final on all matters relating to the Contest and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winners will each receive: Euros 3,000 for the 1st (First) Prize, Euros 2000 for the 2nd (second) Prize, Euros 1,000 for the 3rd (Third) Prize.
General Prize Conditions
The winners are solely responsible for the payment of any taxes that may arise as a result of acceptance of a prize, and all other expenses or costs relating to the prize not expressly set forth above. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted and must be accepted as awarded. Please note that if the winning Entry was submitted by a team, only one prize will be awarded to the team. A prize will not be given to each member of the team.
The winners will be notified by email on the 14th of April 2014. If a winner has not responded within five (5) days after the Management of the Film Competition has sent the notification, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize may be forfeited, and the entrant having the next highest score will be deemed the winner.
The winner, and all team members if the winning entry was submitted by a team, may be required to sign and return to the Management of the Film Competition an affidavit of eligibility and publicity release, where lawful, within ten (10) days of the date of winning notification. If any winner is a minor under the laws of his/her place of residence, all documents must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Release of Liability
By participating, you release The Management of the Film Competition and its partners, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (including Vimeo), from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you agree that these entities are in no way responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Contest and/or the awarding of any prize except as may be expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
You also agree to hold harmless The Management of the Film Competition and Partners, Employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest (including Vimeo), from any claim by any third party relating to any rights in the Entry you submitted.
The Management of the Film Competition "Faces of Wisdom" is not responsible for:
- Lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries;
- Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by the Management of the Film Competition on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or
- Any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest.
The Management of the Film Competition reserves the right to:
- permanently disqualify from any Contest it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules; and
- suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if the Management of the Film Competition believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Contest.
If the Contest is terminated before the scheduled end of the Contest Period, the Management of the Film Competition will determine the winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination date in a fair and equitable manner as determined by the Management of the Film Competition in its reasonable discretion.
Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest, or whom the Management of the Film Competition believes to be causing or attempting or intending to cause any malfunction, error, disruption, or damage will be disqualified. The Management of the Film Competition reserves the right to disqualify any unauthorized entries or votes, including, without limitation, any entries or votes made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar multiple-entry, or entry/vote duplication, method and to disqualify any person or entity using such a method.
These Official Rules and any disputes relating in any way to the Contest shall be governed exclusively by the the Finnish Law, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
By participating, you further agree that:
- Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action;
- Any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney's fees;
- And under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increase any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
The winners will be announced on the pages www.facesofwisdom.org and www.voicesofwisdom.com
Please send us your contact information through email: firstname.lastname@example.org